Planned activities for the year include:
Survey of markets to identify substandard products
- Proactive response to complaints sent to the unit
- Consumer complaint mediation in conjunction with Consumer Complaint and collaborate effect unit
- Informing the Public of the defective injurious products in conjunction with the Public Relations Unit
- Generating data on defective products/fraudulent importer
- Rectification of defective products in conjunction with relevant departments
- Prosecution of fraudulent importers
- Generation of revenue for SON operation through rectification handling fees/fines.
|SUBSTANDARDS / DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS STATUS|
|PRODUCTS BLACKLISTED / DESTROYED||Download PDF|
|PRODUCTS RECTIFIED||Download PDF|
|PRODUCTS DOWNGRADED||Download PDF|
(ii) Ports and Border Operation
- SON is actively involved in import inspection of goods and quality assessment at the ports.
- The importance of this exercise is enormous, considering the economic and health/safety implications of influx of substandard goods into the country.
- SON has established her presence in virtually all the seaports and Lagos borders.